The community’s health is an important priority to us and we want you to know that we take your well-being seriously. We are continuing to monitor the Coronavirus and its impact in Birmingham.
In the interim, please know that we frequently clean and disinfect our space(s). Here’s what we’re doing and how YOU can join us in taking proactive steps:
What the market is doing to ensure a clean space-
- We’ve located a hand-sanitizer station at the entrance to the indoor market
- We’re enhancing our current daily cleaning routine by increasing the frequency, as well as incorporating the use of additional disinfectant products
- We are educating our team and vendors on the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) best practices for handling items for sale as well as interaction with customers
- For the time being we are eliminating community seating
- Weather pending: all doors will be propped open during market hours
Methods our farmers and vendors are implementing to reduce risks-
- All ready-to-eat foods and sampling will be prepackaged
- Both vendors and farmers will use gloves and tongs to handle goods and transactions
- The CDC recommended distance has been factored in to the market layout
What YOU can do to help our community and your family-
- Wash your hands throughout the day with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (the perfect excuse to sing your favorite song again!)…
- especially after going to the bathroom, before and after eating, blowing your nose, coughing and sneezing
- If you’re not feeling well, please stay home – we understand FOMO (“fear of missing out”), but the market is year-round!
- Limit close contact while at the market and always thoroughly wash all produce before consuming
We will communicate on social media and through our e-newsletter if anything changes. We are staying positive during this uncertain season and continue to be proud of the Birmingham community!